Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Going to Guyana
Well after a long 15 months the time has actually come. I am flying to Philly (the city of brotherly love) for orientation on Sunday Feb. 22 and then on Tuesday Feb. 24 early morning I head out of JFK airport to Georgetown Guyana to start my world changing. I am going to try and keep this blog updated with all my pictures and hopefully funny stories. AND amazing stories. I am feeling excited, obviously nervous too, but mostly excited. I am packing things and getting my chacos worn in this week. Everyone has been so supportive and it's helped so much. Oh and if you don't know why I'm going to Guyana, I was accepted into the Peace Corps. and no I will not be on the front line with my 22 ( so they use way more powerful guns but I don't know the names and I don't want to look like a Moron) pumped and ready to fire. I will be teaching young mothers the importance of breastfeeding and why people should NOT have "sexual relations" with others that have AIDS. Maybe even why Q-tips are such a wonderful invention. Who knows but I will keep everyone updated. Love ya

3 comments:

Amber said...

did you forget a word? you are going to teach people to have sex with people who have AIDS? :) that's weird.

krystal said...

Thanks Am, FIXED! ya that would be weird.

Teri said...

Good luck krystal...can't wait to see your newest update!!! Remember to keep your feet dry and don't drink the water..